Friday, January 18, 2013

Classes with Dolphins

One of the biggest activities I was looking forward to when we moved to Hawaii was interacting with dolphins!!! Oh my gosh, hands down one of the best experiences of my life!!!! The kids rotated through 4 - 5 on land classes (meaning not down by the lagoon where the dolphins were). They learned about mammals and reptiles, stingrays, whales, dolphins, fish, sea turtles and more!!! They learned about sea turtle eggs and were able to observe 2 sea turtles as well as observing 2 sting rays being fed!!! Then we moved down to the lagoon and the kids were able to feed the dolphins, interact with them and learn more about this amazing animals!!!! Of course my kids are braver than I am. SO glad it was my kids handling the fresh squid for the dolphins and not me. I'm okay with fresh fish, but I draw the line at squid. I love the things as long as they are in the ocean and VERY far away from me. Squeamish any?!?!

Here are a few photos from our day today. None of the kids (to protect their privacy) but a few of the dolphins that we worked with!!!












Enjoy the photos!!!! Now that we've done the classes I can't wait to go swimming with dolphins when hubby gets back from deployment!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment